This pastel green pound cake is just the different dessert you’re looking to introduce at your Spring Ladies Luncheon. It will surprise the taste buds with the unique flavors and textures and you couldn’t serve a more moist, delicious cake.
It will be one of those recipes you’ll be asked to share so decide if you want to call it an old secret family recipe or print up copies for sharing. Printed on a parchment like paper then rolled, scroll style, tied with thin pastel ribbons of different colors, it makes a lovely gift for you guests.
- 3 cups granulated sugar½ cup powdered cane sugar (confectioner’s sugar)
- 2 Avocados, peeled and mashed
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp fine kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Zest from 1 lime ( reserve 1 tsp for glaze)
- 1 cup Angle Flake Sweetened Coconut
- 1 cup confectioners sugar (use a good quality cane sugar/C&H)
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp reserved lime zest
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a standard sized bundt pan with Pam Baking Spray, THOROUGHLY.
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder and set aside
- In a stand mixer bowl, cream together the sugar and avocado until well combined and fluffy
- Add the eggs, one at a time and stir after each addition, then add in lime juice, sour cream, vanilla, coconut ad lime zest, mixing well.
- Add the flour mixture and beat, mixing only to incorporate. Pour batter into prepared pan , taking care to level the mixture around the pan center.
- Bake for 1 hour or until done (the toothpick test!)
- Cool (upside down) on a cooling rack, then turn out onto serving plate.
- Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over cake while it is still warm.
- Decorate with a sprinkle of coconut.