While this is not entirely fat free or sugar free, the secrets of this Cheesecake are that it is a delectable dessert and a Proven Winner with a significant reduction in both fat and sugar in this recipe. Beautifully delicious, we promise that unless you tell, no one will ever know your secret. If you have no fat or sugar concerns, it adapts easily to regular fat and sugar additions instead of the reduced values and 3 whole eggs instead of egg beaters. You are the chef in your kitchen!
Spray 8” spring form pan with cooking spray and line the bottom of the pan with a round of parchment cut to fit.
- 1 -cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 -tablespoons butter
- 1 -tablespoon dark brown sugar (may substitute Splenda®)
- A pinch each ground ginger, cinnamon, cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- 12 oz. low fat (not fat free) cottage cheese
- ¾ cup Egg Beaters
- 1/3 cup granulated Splenda®
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla
- 1 -tablespoon orange zest
- 1 -tablespoon orange juice concentrate (thawed)
- Place the above ingredients in food processor and process until to a silky smooth consistency.
- Pour into spring form pan over the “crust”>
- reserving about a cup of filling in the food processor bowl.
- Add 4 oz. low fat sour cream and
- Pulse 5-6 times to smooth then spread on top of the cheesecake filling (all the way to the edges of the pan).
- Wrap bottom of spring form pan with aluminum foil, bringing it all the way up the sides to “form fit” the spring form pan. (This assures that there are no leaks from or into the cheesecake as it bakes in it’s water bath.)
- Bake at 300°F oven (in a water bath) for 60 minutes until set.
- Chill for at least two hours.
- Puree then strain thawed frozen or fresh strawberries
- Add sweetener of choice) to taste and stir to combine. If the berries are nicely sweet, add no sweetner.
- Spoon onto serving plate, place cheesecake slice in the center of the pool of coulee
- Decorate top with stripes of chocolate syrup (Store bought or homemade)
©Barbara Ziegler BAPantryGourmet.com 2013