- 1 pint each, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries
- ½ cup seedless raspberry jam
- ½ cup orange marmalade
- ½ cup rosé wine
- Wash (rinse well), dry and hull, fruit, slice strawberries and gently mix together with other fruit in a bowl.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt raspberry jam and orange marmalade together in the microwave, add rosé wine and stir together, when blended, pour over berries and set aside. Filling is made!
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely ground almonds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 to 5 tablespoons cold water
- In a large bowl, combine flour, ground almonds and salt; cut in shortening/butter until crumbly. Gradually add cold water a little at a time, tossing with a fork until a ball forms. Divide pastry in two so that one ball is a bit larger than the other. Wrap pastry in plastic wrap and refrigerate and allow dough to rest for at least ½ an hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out larger ball to fit a 9-in.tart pan. Carefully transfer pastry to tart pan and trim evenly to edge of pan. Add filling. Roll out remaining pastry; make and place decorative crust pieces, either cutting by hand or using cookie cutters. Brush cutouts with heavy cream or egg wash prior to placing on tart.
- Bake 350°F for 38-40 minutes until crust is golden brown.
©Barbara Ziegler/BAPantryGourmet 2013 All Rights Reserved