An easy, not much muss, very little fuss for the best Tangerine Chicken you’ll ever eat.
Practically all the steps for this recipe may be negotiated in advance to pour into the slow cooker on your way out the door to a busy day away from home, be it work or play, to return home for a wonderful dinner in minutes.
- 4 Chicken thighs (boneless/skinless)
- 2 Chicken breasts (boneless/skinless)
- 6 Seedless tangerines (Cuties, etc.)
- Zest and Juice
- 2 tbsp. All purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Cornstarch
- 2 tsp. Seasalt
- 1 tsp. Fresh Black Pepper
- ½ tsp. Grated garlic
- 1 tbsp. Grated fresh ginger
- 1tbsp. Lite soy sauce
- ½ tsp. Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. Granulated sugar
- ⅓ Cup Honey barbecue sauce (or your favorite)
- Other needs:
- 1 gallon sized zipper lock bag
- Oil or cooking spray for slow cooker.
Process and Details
Preheat covered slow cooker on high heat while prepping the ingredients or for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cut Chicken parts into bite sized pieces. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Zest the Tangerines, then juice. You should have approximately 1 cup of juice and 3 tablespoons of zest from the 6 tangerines.
- Measure into a gallon-sized zipper lock bag flour, corn starch, salt, pepper, garlic, ginger and Tangerine Zest. Close bag and shake well to mix all ingredients.
- To the Tangerine juice, add soy sauce, sesame oil, granulated sugar and barbecue sauce. Stir well to mix and dissolve sugar.
- When ready to cook, place chicken pieces in the zipper bag, close up tight and shake vigorously to coat the pieces well.
- Dump coated chicken into the oiled or sprayed hot cooker and distribute evenly. Pour the juice mixture over all.
- Cook covered on High for 4 hours or Low for 7-8 hours.
- Serve with your favorite rice and a bag of steamed Chinese Vegetables.
Wha’s for dinner? Yum!
©BAPantryGourmet.com/Barbara A. Ziegler 2016~ All Rights Reserved