These Dolled-up Chicken Breast are a good “do ahead” (finished just before) for company dinners……………
And/or for the freezer for when reheating is convenient on busy nights when dinner is required. When I make these for company, I make double simply to have that second meal handy. I’d like to add that finished and chilled, cut in half they are perfect finger food for picnicking.
The other thing I do when I make this recipe, is make extra guacamole for “on the side” addition at the table. That and beautiful Salsa Pico de Gallo put art on the table.
Ingredients Serves 6
- 6 Chicken Breasts (boneless/skinless)
- 12 slices smoky bacon (uncooked)
- Salt and black pepper for seasoning chicken
- 2 large Avocados, smashed
- ½ cup each diced red onion, chopped fresh tomato (seeds removed)
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, smashed/minced
- 1/2 cup Manchego cheese
Make the guacamole:
- Peel and seed the Avocado.
- Smash Avocado until relatively smooth
- Add onion, tomato, salt, lime, garlic and cheese.
- Smash all together until well combined.
- Refrigerate until needed.
Prepare Chicken Breast for stuffing:
- Carefully slit a deep pocket in each chicken breast. Take care not to cut through the sides.
- Season with salt and pepper
Stuff the chicken:
- Using a clean spoon, divide the guacamole in half.
- Stuff the pocket in the chicken with guacamole mix, fill but don’t overstuff.
- Wrap bacon around chicken, covering the opening, secure with a toothpick
- Sear on all sides on high heat to brown about 4 minutes (*1)
- Remove to a 400°F oven for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cover and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
(*1) For a “do ahead” for company dinner, finish to here, refrigerate then add 8 minutes to oven time when finishing. (Temp with instant read thermometer to 165° internal temp.) Cover and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
©BAPantryGourmet.com/Barbara A. Ziegler ~ All rights reserved.