Caroler’s Crockpot Hot Chocolate
Hot Chocolate for a crowd, a recipe simple and straightforward enough for young children’s group and plain palates, with adaptations sophisticated enough for even the most grown-up urbane bunch. Using your crockpot (or several crockpots for a Hot Chocolate Party) this is fun as quickly and easily as 1-2-3… Nice addition/alternative to the Christmas Cookie Party Idea.
- 1 – ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 – 14 – oz can – Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 – cups milk chocolate chips
- 6 – cups 2% milk
- 1 – tsp. vanilla
- ½ – tsp. Cayenne pepper
- Mix all together well in a large crockpot and heat on low to 145° F, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching. Hold on the “Keep Warm” setting for up to 1½ hours.
- Recipe is easily doubled for 16, but longer periods of holding, fresh batches are recommended for best flavor and to avoid scorching.
Makes 8 generous servings. Recipe is easily doubled for 16.
Add or Substitute (as instructed) the following ingredients to make the necessary changes to the Original Recipe:
Venetian Orange Hot Chocolate
Following the original recipe to the letter, add the following two ingredients.
- Zest grated from one large orange
- 2 Tbsp. orange liqueur (Grand Mariner)
- Serve with orange sugared mini-marshmallows (recipe follows).
Bavarian Dark Cherry Hot Chocolate
Following the original recipe except to make the substitution of dark (highest cacao % possible) chocolate chips and adding the cherry liquor for flavor.
- 2 cups dark chocolate chip for milk chocolate chips
- 2 – Tbsp. cherry liqueur (Cherry Heering)
- Top with whipped cream, if desired, and serve with a stemmed cherry for garnish.
Parisian Caffè Delight Hot Chocolate
Following the original recipe, add:
- 2 – oz.Coffee Flavored Liqueur (Kahlúa)
- 2 – Tbsp. Instant Expresso Powder.
Finishes to make
Hot Chocolate Service
An Experience to Remember Are:
◊ Candy Canes ◊
◊ Cinnamon Sticks ◊
◊ Whipped Cream◊ ◊ Carmel Sundae Syrup◊ ◊ Dark Chocolate Syrup◊
◊Serve Sundae Syrups in Squeeze Bottles for easy artistic application to drinks.◊
Recipe: Orange Sugared Mini-Marshmallows (may be done one day in advance)
- ¼ cup coarse sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fine orange zest
- 2 Tbsp. orange flavored gelatin
- 10 oz. plain mini-marshmallows
- water in a fine mister bottle
- Mix coarse sugar, gelatin and orange zest together well and set aside.
- Pour mini-mallows in a bowl and mist VERY LIGHTLY with water, toss.
- Sprinkle sugar/gelatin/zest mixture over mallows and toss agin, continuing to toss until all are coated with mix.
- Spread on a wax paper lined cookie sheet in a single layer until set, moving a bit from time-to-time to keep from sticking together too much.
- Store air tight
©BAPantryGourmet.com/Barbara A. Ziegler 2015 ~ All rights reserved.