Kringle Krispy Sandwich Bar with Christmas Fruit and Nut Filling
♠For the Ziegler Clan, Christmas is a time that blesses us best when we share our love in thoughtful, consumable gifts we make for each other. With the holidays upon us and much to be done, it is imperative in our family to simplify as much as possible. So it is that we share some of our favorites with you.♠
Chocolate Topped Rice Krispy Sandwich Bars filled with fruit and nuts!
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 20 oz. miniature marshmallows
- 2 cup honey graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup butter (plus more for greasing)(divided ½)
- 6 cup Rice Krispy cereal (divided ½)
- 7 oz jar marshmallow crème
- 1 cup red cherries (or dried cranberries)*
- 1 cup shelled, coarsely chopped pistachios
- 6 Hershey’s chocolate bars
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 10×15 jellyroll pan with parchment paper, overlapping ends slightly. Butter the parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine 2 Tbsp. butter with fine graham cracker crumbs and sprinkle/pat over parchment in jellyroll pan. Bake in 350°F oven for 4 minutes, remove and cool.Reduce oven to 200°F.
- Combine marshmallows and ¼ cup butter in a microwavable bowl, cover and heat on HIGH for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until blended.
- Stir in 3 cups Rice Krispy cereal.
- As soon as mixture is cool enough to handle, press mixture into prepared pan.
- Spread fruit and nuts, again, evenly over the entire layer. Pat to adhere slightly. Cool.
- Repeat Steps 4 through 5 with remaining marshmallows, butter and 3 cups of cereal.
- As soon as mixture is cool enough to handle, layer mixture on top of fruit/nuts mixture***
- Spread 7 oz. jar marshmallow evenly over the entire layer**
- Place Hershey’s bars on top of the marshmallow crème.
- Place in 300°F oven for two minutes. Use an offset spatula to spread the softened chocolate.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the jellyroll pan, using parchment to lift out. Cut in bars with a sharp serrated knife. Let stand for 5 more minutes.
- Refrigerate briefly until chocolate has set. (10/15 minutes)
- Peel away the parchment. Place in Paper Christmas Cupcake Cups for serving.
Makes a wonderful gift.
A variation on this recipe: Easy by following the above recipe with these few changes.
- Omit the fruit-fill and spread instead with 1 cup crunchy peanut butter.
- Add second layer of Rice Krispy Treat, patted atop peanut butter
- Top layer is then spread with 6 oz. Caramel Sundae Topping
- Hershey Bars melted on top.
- * Red fruits added to our recipe for Holiday color.
- ** Omit ingredient if desired to reduce sugar.
- *** Can be any dried fruit you choose, chopped peaches, apricots, mango, dates. Slice and dice your favs.
It is too scrumptious to describe. Try it you’ll love it.
©BAPantryGourmet.com/Barbara A. Ziegler ~ All rights reserved