Scallops and Linguini in Garlic Butter Pan Sauce
While this dinner will probably satisfy nearly every adult seafood lover (with minor adaptations) it may not qualify as a favorite of younger eaters. It is sufficiently delicious to give it a try though if you have adventurous young appetites who are interested in cooking. If we’ve learned anything in the past couple of years, we’ve learned that some young “chefs in the making ” can put us to shame with their levels of sophisticated dishes and tastes. So if you’re looking for a possible new No.1 for your quick and easy go-to seafood recipes, this one’s for you! Serves 4
- 18 oz. whole wheat linguini, cooked, drained and tossed with 1 tbsp. evoo
- 1 1/2 lbs. medium (20/30) scallops
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. evoo (extra virgin olive oil)
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/4 c. diced shallot
- 1/2 c. organic chicken or fresh fish stock
- 1 c. good dry white wine (a wine you’d drink and serve to company)
- 1/4 c. chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 c. grated parmasen
Recipe I Scallops and Linguini in Garlic Butter Pan Sauce
- Prepare pasta, toss with olive oil and set aside over hot water to keep warm
- Melt butter in olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium high heat.
- Add shallots and garlic and sauté for about a minute
- Pat scallops dry, sprinkle with salt and pepper then add them to skillet.
- Sauté, stirring occasionally, for about 5/6 minutes, just until scallops begin to appear opaque. Do not over-cook! Remove scallops to warm dish and cover
- Add stock and white wine to skillet. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat and reduce by half.
- Add pasta and scallop to pan sauce, toss lightly, add parmesan and parsley and toss again.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe II Scallops and Linguini in Garlic Butter Pan Sauce Salad Serves 4
Served as a salad, this dish makes a beautiful center piece for your table. Serve with rustic rolls and anchovy butter*, a buttery chardonnay or crisp Chenin Blanc and finish with a lemon sorbet or fruity gelato and you’ve got a perfect dinner for grownups.
- 1 recipe of Scallops and Linguini in Garlic Butter Pan Sauce
- 6 c. (julienned) mixed dark green salad leaves:
- 2 c. baby chard (green and red)
- 2 c. baby spinach
- 1 c. baby kale
- 1 c. baby arugula
- 1/2 c. quartered radishes
- 1/2 c. sliced shallots
- 1 c. 1/4″ cucumber chunks
- 1/2 c chive flowers* torn from stem
- Make the above recipe and allow to come to room temperature
- Julienne 6 cups of mixed dark green salad leaves, including baby arugula
- Add radishes, shallot slices and cucumber and chive flowers*, toss gently to distribute ingredients
- Make a bed of mixed dark salad on a large serving platter and serve Scallops and Linguini in Garlic Butter Pan Sauce over greens.
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 clove smashed garlic
- 1 tsp. anchovy paste
- 1 /2 tsp. lemon zest
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly and refrigerate.
©2014 BAPantryGourmet.com/Barbara Ziegler ~ all rights reserved