So good you’ll wonder why you didn’t go Vegan before! All these fresh ingredients and yummy wholesome bread, so full of flavor and texture will make you want to think of other meat-free ways to go.
- 2- 15-oz cans white beans, rinsed and well drained
- 2 tbsp. fruity evoo (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 12 slices multigrain bread
- 1 small red or sweet onion, sliced in thin rings
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled, halved vertically and thinly sliced
- 6 oz. micro-greens
- 2 avocados, pitted and thinly sliced
- Combine the beans, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Roughly mash the mixture with the a small whisk or back of a fork.
- Place 8 of the bread slices on a work surface. Divide the mashed beans among them. Top with the onion, cucumber, micro-greens, and avocado.
- Stack the open-faced sandwiches on top of one another, avocado-side up, to make 4 double-decker sandwiches. Top with the remaining 4 slices of bread.
- Slice each sandwich in half, if desired, and serve with small tomatoes.