Known in our family as possibly the world’s most fantastic lunch,these sandwiches can make a showy appearance from fridge to table in less than 20 minutes. The key is having the ingredients ready-to-roll in advance. It’s the caramelized onions that have to be done ahead (and unless you are set with thinly sliced premium deli roast beef) you’ll need leftovers from a cooked-ahead roast beef.
Caramelizing the onions is an easy process and once you have it down, you’ll make them in batches, storing them in the freezer, separating usable sized layers with plastic wrap so you can remove them in measurements you need for various recipes, ergo you have made-ahead ingredients to speed you along your way with many recipes.
Ingredients Serves 4
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 tbsp. Best Foods Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. creamed horseradish
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 lb. thinly sliced roasted beef
- 4 oz. grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup caramelized onions
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves, tough ribs removed
- Spread tortillas with mayo and horseradish
- Layer balance of ingredients, divided equally, on tortillas
- Roll tightly and slice in half on the diagonal