Bright and beautiful, crunchy and delicious, this savory salad brightens any entrée set aside it.
It is perfect for meals that feature plain meats, but compliments casseroles and rice/bean dishes as well. It serves as “supper” on hot summer evenings along side a deep bowl of tortilla chips and black bean dip. A crisp white wine (Chenin Blanc) or Cranberry Margarita and dinner is served!
- 6 c. finely shredded cabbage (half purple/half green)
- 1 c. thinly julienned red bell pepper
- 1/4 c. finely chopped spanish onion
- 3 ribs celery, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeds removed and thinly julienned
- 1 c. Cucumber, cut in 2-1/2″ lengths, then thinly julienned
- 1/4 c. lime juice
- 3 tsp. fruity olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Refrigerate for at least an hour.