I. Cinnaberry Crepes
- 1 c. sliced strawberries
1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 c. cinnamon heart candies
- 1 c. whipped cream
- 1/4 c. frosting sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Dark Chocolate Syrup for drizzle* optional
- Stir cinnamon hearts candies into berries and set aside
- Gently stir occasionally until candies melt.
- Whip cream to soft peaks, add frosting sugar and cinnamon and continue to whip to stiff peaks.
- Cover and refrigerate until crepe assembly.
- Can be done 8 hours ahead.
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 1/2 c. melted butter (more for greasing crepe pan)
- 1 c. whole milk
- 1 c. water
- 4 whole eggs
- Whisk ingredients together until silky, set aside and allow to rest for at least an hour.
- Heat a nonstick crepe pan or frying pan and measure 1/2 c. crepe batter into pan, spreading with a spoon back over the pan surface, tilting pan to fill in empty spots.
- When solidly set ad bottom side is beginning to color, gently turn to set top. Setting top will only take a few seconds.
- Remove to a plate and continue to cook crepes until batter is used.
Note: Crepes may be made ahead. Separate cooled crepes with sheets of waxed paper or parchment, place airtight in a ziplock freezer bag and refrigerate for up to 5 days.. Crepes can be rewarmed by wrapping the stack in aluminum foil and heated for 12 – 15 minutes 350°F oven or by wrapping stack in parchment and heating in microwave on high for a 15 seconds, repeating as necessary to complete reheating process. MICROWAVE ONLY A FEW SECONDS AT A TIME.
***Note: This crepe recipe is easily adapted to oat flour or all purpose gluten-free flour. With a little experimentation, you can get it perfectly done.
©2014 Barbara A. Ziegler/BAPantryGourmet.com – All rights reserved