Sweet Red Pepper and Sausage Eggs
- 3 tbsp. butter +1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
8 Jimmy Dean Microwaveable (fully cooked) Sausage Links, sliced in rings
- 3 scallions, chopped (whites and some of the green)
- 6 small red sweet peppers, sliced in rings
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. each kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. shredded sharp white cheddar cheese (reserve a small amount for garnish)
- In a non-stick skillet, over medium heat, melt butter together with evoo.
- Sauté scallions, sausages pieces, red pepper rings in the butter/evoo
- Break eggs into a bowl, add heavy cream and whisk to fluffy scramble mix then add to sauté vegetables and meat.
- Add salt and pepper and stir gently turning eggs as they begin to set.
- Add cheese and continue to stir until eggs are set to your individual preference.
- Serve immediately.
© 2014 Barbara A. Ziegler/BAPantryGourmet.com – All rights reserved