I. Cinnaberry Crepes
- 1 c. sliced strawberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 c. cinnamon heart candies
- 1 c. whipped cream
- 1/4 c. frosting sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Dark Chocolate Syrup for drizzle* optional
- Stir cinnamon hearts candies into berries and set aside Gently stir occasionally until candies melt.
- Whip cream to soft peaks, add frosting sugar and cinnamon and continue to whip to stiff peaks. Cover and refrigerate until crepe assembly. Can be done 8 hours ahead.
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 1/2 c. melted butter (more for greasing crepe pan)
- 1 c. whole milk
- 1 c. water
- 4 whole eggs
- Whisk ingredients together until silky, set aside and allow to rest for at least an hour.
- Heat a nonstick crepe pan or frying pan and measure 1/2 c. crepe batter into pan, spreading with a spoon back over the pan surface, tilting pan to fill in empty spots.
- When solidly set ad bottom side is beginning to color, gently turn to set top. Setting top will only take a few seconds.
- Remove to a plate and continue to cook crepes until batter is used.
Note: Crepes may be made ahead. Separate cooled crepes with sheets of waxed paper or parchment, place airtight in a ziplock freezer bag and refrigerate for up to 5 days.. Crepes can be rewarmed by wrapping the stack in aluminum foil and heated for 12 – 15 minutes 350°F oven or by wrapping stack in parchment and heating in microwave on high for a 15 seconds, repeating as necessary to complete reheating process. MICROWAVE ONLY A FEW SECONDS AT A TIME.
II. Cupid’s Ultimate Mimosa Cocktail
- 1-750 ml bottle of good brut champagne
- 16 oz. blood orange juice
- 4 oz. Grand Marnier (or triple sec)
- Fill Champagne Flutes or other tall slender glass 1/2 full of blood orange juice
- Add Grand Marnier and gently stir
- Finish filling with champagne
III. Sweet Red Pepper and Sausage Eggs
- 3 tbsp. butter +1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 8 Jimmy Dean Microwaveable (fully cooked) Sausage Links, sliced in rings
- 3 scallions, chopped (whites and some of the green)
- 6 small red sweet peppers, sliced in rings
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. each kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. shredded sharp white cheddar cheese (reserve a small amount for garnish)
- In a non-stick skillet, over medium heat, melt butter together with evoo.
- Sauté scallions, sausages pieces, red pepper rings in the butter/evoo
- Break eggs into a bowl, add heavy cream and whisk to fluffy scramble mix then add to sauté vegetables and meat.
- Add salt and pepper and stir gently turning eggs as they begin to set.
- Add cheese and continue to stir until eggs are set to your individual preference.
- Serve immediately.
©2014Barbara A. Ziegler BAPantryGourmet.com – All rights reserved