Served on the buffet with an assortment of dipping sauces together with slices of homemade or purchased pizza , a platter of crudités, chips and salsa, sliced meat balls in sweet pepper sauce (polpette in salsa di peperone dolce) with slider rolls and you’ve got event food for a crowd from anywhere or a buffet for any occasion to be remembered long after the gathering has dispersed.
- 1 lb. boneless/skinless chicken breast (cut in 1″ cubes)
1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/2 c. buttermilk
- 1 tbsp. seasoning salt
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground fine black pepper
- 1 tsp. finely ground herbs d’ Provence
- 1/2 c. finely grated parmasen
- 1 c. fine dry garlic bread crumbs
- 2 tsp. crushed dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp. finely crushed dried thyme
- 2 tbsp. rice flour
- Mix sour cream, mayo, buttermilk and seasonings in a large (1 gallon) ziplock bag and mix until seasonings are well distributed throughout the creamy ingredients.
- Add the chicken* cubes and zip bag closed.
- Massage to thoroughly distribute and coat chicken pieces with the creamy ingredients.
- Refrigerate overnight or at least 3 hours.
- Run the final 5 ingredients together in food processor until well mixed and reduced to a fine crumb texture … pour crumble into a a dry large ziplock or dry paper bag
- Drop chicken medallions into crumb mix, a few at a time, shake to coat and distribute on a greased wire rack on a parchment lined baking sheet. Allow a half inch between each piece.
- Spray lightly with a quality cooking spray
- Bake at 400°F for 18 – 20 minutes until golden brown and internal temperature in largest pieces register 165 on an instant read thermometer.
- Serve with assorted dipping sauces (recipes follow) as a part of your game day party buffet.
*This recipe is adaptable to use 1″ cubes of turkey breast or thigh, dense white fish cubes (halibut, cod, etc.) and will remain one of the items most requested on your party bar.
Honey Dijon Mustard Sauce:
Stir together in a 1 cup measure:
- 1/2 c. dijon mustard
- 1/4 c. Best Foods or Helman’s Mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. organic clover honey**
- 3/4 c. catsup
- 3 tbsp. champagne vinegar
- 3 tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 3 tbsp. good whiskey or bourbon (I prefer JD Black Tennessee Whiskey)
- Heat catsup in a small saucier
- Add vinegar, brown sugar, cloves and whiskey and bring to a bubbly roll
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Serve with chicken medallions.
©2014 Barbara A. Ziegler/BAPantryGourmet.com ~ All rights reserved.