V. Garlic Tomatoes Crostini
Ingredients: Makes 36 slices
- 1 sour dough baguette sliced thinly, brushed with garlic evoo and grilled on both sides
- 1 regular baguette, sliced thinly, brushed with garlic evoo and grilled on both sides
- 24 oz. chopped tomatoes, juices drained and reserved
- 8 cloves garlic, smashed to paste
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced rosemary leaves, rubbed with 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons fruity extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh finely ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan
- 3 tablespoons diced parsley.
- Slice baguettes into 1/2 ” thicknesses and brush lightly on both sides with extra virgin olive oil flavored with fresh garlic. Grill to toast each side.
- Toss chopped tomatoes with garlic paste, salted rosemary and olive oil and pepper.
- Top baguette toasts with garlic tomatoes and sprinkle lightly with grated parmesan and parsley.
© Barbara A. Ziegler BAPantryGourmet.com 2013 All rights reserved