IV. Sausage and White Bean Pastels Bites
Heat oven 350°F
- 4-9″ pie crusts
- 8 ounces chouriço or chorizo, cooked loose
- 1 cup cooked white beans, mashed
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 tablespoons grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons finely diced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, made to paste
- 1 teaspoon each, kosher salt and paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Mix cooked sausage, mashed white beans, onions, carrots, celery and seasonings together until well combined. Set aside.
- Cut 28 – 3″ circles from pie crusts
- Spoon a rounded tablespoon of sausage/bean filling on one side of circle
- Brush edges of other side of circle with heavy cream
- Fold empty side over filled side and using a fork, crimp and seal edges of pastel.
- Pierce each pastel with fork to allow steam to escape
- When all are filled, brush lightly with heavy cream and bake on parchment lined baking sheets, taking care to bake only to golden brown.
- Serve hot or at room temperature with sour cream as a dip.
© Barbara A. Ziegler BAPantryGourmet.com 2013 All rights reserved