III. Honeyed Blue Cheese Empanada Bites
Ingredients: Yield: 24
Heat oven 350°F
- 3-9″ pie crusts
- 12 oz. premium blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons organic honey
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Drizzle honey over blue cheese, add orange zest and stir together until just mixed
- Cut 24 – 2 1/2″ circles from pie crusts
- Spoon 1 scant tablespoon blue cheese filling on one side of circle
- Brush edges of other side of circle with heavy cream
- Fold empty side over filled side and using a fork, crimp and seal edges of empanada
- Pierce each empanada with fork to allow steam to escape
- When all are filled, brush lightly with heavy cream and bake on parchment lined baking sheets, taking care to bake only to golden brown.
Serve hot or at room temperature.