II. Pulled BBQ Chicken Biscuit Bites
You’ll need round biscuit/cookie cutters of 1/2″ and 1″ to do this recipe. You can use glasses and/or bottle caps of an appropriate size if you don’t have these sizes of cookie cutters.
Heat oven to 450°F
- 4 cups regular biscuit mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Stir ingredients together until dough follows spoon around bowl forming a sift dough ball.
- Kneed 10-12 times, adding a small amount of flour if needed to keep dough from sticking to hands and surface.
- Roll out on lightly floured parchment to 1/4″ thickness.
- Cut out 48 – 1″ circles. With a 1/2″cutter, cut centers out of 24 of the 48 – 1″ers; set the little centers aside.
- Brush the whole circles with cream and place the “doughnut” cut circles atop the whole circles.
- Bake until golden brown (7- 9 minutes)
- Place the reserved “little centers” in a zip lock bag and place in the freezer. They can be dropped on top of a chicken stew for dumplings.
- When biscuits are beautifully golden, remove from oven and set aside while chicken filling is prepared.
Pulled BBQ Chicken Filling for Biscuits
- 1 cup bottled bbq sauce(your favorite – mine’s Jack Daniel’s BBQ)
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup toasted dehydrated chopped onion (for top sprinkle)
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken, breast and thigh meat
- Heat bbq sauce, coffee, white wine and pepper flakes together until thickened.
- Add cooked chicken and heat through.
- Spoon into biscuit “cups” about one ounce per buscuit.
- Sprinkle with toasted onion flakes.