Sometimes you just want salad! This salad contains the ultimate combination of the ingredients you love in both a Club Sandwich and a Cobb Salad with the addition of a perfect starch (little red potatoes) and touch of heat (jalapeño). It is a meal that leaves you sated both of appetite and your desire to eat healthy … to get your veggies in a dish that is exciting, not boring. It fills the bill for getting the family to the table and for impressive company fare. Try it – you’ll love it!
Salad Serves 8
- 4 c. romaine lettuce (or your favorite crunchy choice), broken into bite sized pieces
- 2 c. red leaf lettuce, broken into bite sized pieces
- 1 c. crisp celery, diagonally sliced
- 2 c. grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced and quartered
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 2 c. red potatoes cooked with skins on (tiny ones: left whole or small reds: quartered)
- 1/2 cup diced crisp bacon (regular or turkey)
- 2 oz. chopped ham (optional but if omitted, add 2 extra oz. of smoked turkey)
- 2 oz. chopped smoked turkey
- 1 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 1 oz. coarsely grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 c. pine nuts (optional)
- 1/2 c. Best Foods or Hellman’s Mayonnaise
- 1/2 c. Wishbone Italian Dressing (fat free may be used)
- 2 tsp. pickled Jalapeño pepper vinegar
- 1 tsp. Applewood Smoke liquid flavoring
Prepare all ingredient and toss together with dressing in a large bowl, then serve to individual plates after dressing.
With Jalapeño Focaccia and your favorite Harvest Riesling, this is a dinner you’ll want to serve over and over, family or special company, you’ll love the rave reviews.