Watermelon in the company of this citrusy-tropical fruit salad blend, this dish generously serves 8 to 12 but may easily be halved for fewer servings. You’ll experience sweet Mexican ocean breezes with every bite.
- 6 c. watermelon cubes or balls
- 2 ripe mangos, cubes (roughly)
- 1 pint strawberries quartered
- 2 c. orange segments
- 1 c. pineapple cubes
- 1 c. other melon (cantaloupe, honeydew, etc)
- 1/2 c. pomegranate (freeze seeds in measured portions during season for summer salads)
- 1 tbs. each orange zest and lemon zest
- 1/2 c. mint, julienned or leaves torn
- Sweetener to taste
Toss fruits together in a large bowl. If fruits lack sweetness, add sugar or sweetener of choice a little at a time to taste (don’t over sweeten).
For an adults only change up, 2 oz. good Tequila and 1 oz. Grand Mariner tossed with this salad makes a wonderfully refreshing luncheon, dinner first course or dessert.