Roasted Potato/Leek and Mushroom Soup Serves 6
Toss together in a large bowl
- 1 lb. medium sized red potatoes, peeled and chopped for roasting
- 1/2 lb. gold potatoes, peeled and chopped for roasting
- 1 medium white onion
- 2-3 leek, sliced length-wise, and rinsed carefully to remove all sand, then chopped
- 1 c. sweet peppers, ribbed and seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sliced creminni mushrooms
- 3 large cloves grated fresh garlic
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil, divided as called for in process.
- 1 tbs. kosher salt
- 1/2 tbs. freshly ground black pepper
When well coated with evoo and garlic, spread in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast in a 400°F oven for 40 minutes until veggies are tender and browning.
Place in a food processor with:
- 1 qt. chicken stock,
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- Process (pulse) until mixture is smooth, but not without texture
- Pour into a soup pot and heat until bubbly hot
- 2 cups 1/2 & 1/2
- Rinse food processor with
- 2 c. of hot water
- Heat until bubbly hot
- Adjust seasonings (salt, pepper, etc).
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a crusty, rustic bread such as Ciabatta.