Pale Ale Brauts with Summer Cabbage Serves 6/8
- 6 Pale Ale Brauts (cut in chunks on the diagonal)
- 1 medium onion, peeled, cut in half and sliced in half rings
- 2 Pablano peppers, seeded, ribbed and sliced in half rings
- 2 red apples, any variety, Braeburns preferred, pared, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup julienned carrot sticks (3″ in length)
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 4 cups shredded Savoy cabbage
- 2 cups garlic croutons
- 3 tbsp. good balsamic vinegar
- Sauté the first 5 ingredients in evoo until brauts begin to brown.
- Add shredded cabbages and 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Cook together until cabbages begin to wilt
- Add garlic croutons and stir until croutons begin to absorb the juices from the cabbages and the broth of the dish.
- Serve immediately with a red potato, bacon and tomato side salad dressed with light Casear dressing and a good red wine or your favorite pub brew.