Grilled Tilapia 2 Ways
(With Aioli or With Piccata Sauce)
- 2 lbs. tilapia fillets
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1tsp. butter
- 1 tsp. cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
For the Aioli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp. dried tarragon
For Piccata Sauce
- 1 tbsp. melted unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. small capers, drained and rinsed
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp. chopped stuffed green olives
- Preheat grill.
- Brush oil on both sides of filets.
- Sprinkle with seasoning.
- Place on hot grill and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes over a medium high heat. Turn once during grilling.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix
- Refrigerate until you are ready for use.
Prepare Piccata Sauce
- Melt butter and olive oil together
- Stir in capers, stuffed olives, lemon juice and salt.
- Pour over Grilled Tilapia fillets and serve.
Roasted new potatoes and haricot vert (green beans) complete this meal.
Tips and Variations
- Use Low fat mayonnaise to lower fats.
- Omit Aioli altogether and serve with Piccata Sauce instead.
- Make this recipe your own by using seasoning of your choice.