Dilled Sesame Salmon Canapés Makes 48
With a buttery Chardonnay, a fruit forward Old Vine Zinfandel or a lovely little Cabernet, these Canapés are a perfect fit. Add a few spicy elements along side and you’ll have a match for Riesling, Chenin Blanc, or Guvertz (Gewurstraminer) as well. For those of you who are looking for a stiffer cocktail, try Grey Goose over crushed ice with a twist of lemon.
- 8 oz. salmon fillet (fresh, wild caught cold water Alaskan if at all possible)
- 1/2 cup marinade:
- 1/4 c. Wishbone Italian Dressing®
- 2 tbsp. low sodium soy
- 1 tbsp. Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp. Seasoned Rice Wine vinegar
Rinse salmon fillet in cold water and gently but thoroughly dry with paper towels.
- Whisk marinade ingredients together and baste both sides of salmon
- Spray a shallow baking dish with Pam® and place fish, skin down, pouring any remaining marinade over the fish.
- Roast uncovered in preheated 350°F oven for 18 minutes or just until it flakes.
- Remove from oven to a cool glass dish, remove and discard skin
- Cover and refrigerate while dill spread is made
Dilled Cream Cheese Spread for Rice Cracker
- 8 oz. low fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tbsp. Best Foods Mayonnaise®
- 2 tsp. fresh dill frond, rough chop
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill (crush to release oils)
- 1 tsp. dill pickle vinegar.
- 14 oz. package of sesame rice crackers
Place cheese, mayo, dills, and dill vinegar in a small food processor and run until smooth, well mixed and spreadable.
Smoked Mayonnaise Topping
- 1/4 cup Best foods Mayonnaise®
- 1/2 tsp. liquid Applewood Smoke
- 1/4 c. small capers, rinsed (for garnish)*
- Smoked Paprika (for garnish)*
- Spread 48 Sesame Crackers liberally with dilled cheese mix, arrange on a platter and set aside.
- Separate flakes of salmon to roughly the size of the crackers, obtaining 48 pieces in all.
- Lay a single piece of salmon on each dilled cheese spread cracker
- Spoon smoky mayonnaise into a small ziplock bag, snip the corner off to create a small pipping hole and decoratively squeeze a bit of smokey mayo atop each salmon on the cheesed cracker.
- Garnish if you like with a caper, dill frond and a pinch of Smoked Paprika.