This cocktail is delicious anytime, but adds an elegantly warm and romantic touch to any intimate dinner for two. It adds that same elegance to special family gatherings on spring holidays and a special sweetness to summer picnics. Finally, truth-known, the use of quality canned fruit yields an equally tasty result as the use of fresh (just don’t tell the farmer at the orchard stand).
Brandied Peaches in a Glass
- 3 large ripe peaches (buy locally from a farm stand or farmer’s market)*
- 1 oz. Peach Schnapps
- 3 oz. of good Brandy (I choose Christian Bros®)
- 8 oz. sweetened peach tea (I use Crystal Light®)
- 8 oz. shaved or crushed ice
- Sweetener (if needed) 2tbs. simple syrup (or Splenda®)
Blend/”Frappe” until the consistency of a frozen margarita
Serve in Frosted Martini Glasses and enjoy!
*In the midst of winter, when fresh fruit is not to be had, when a little summer is needed, this drink is made very nicely with a large can of Alberta Freestone Peaches, instead of fresh. When I use canned fruit I use the fruit syrup in the place of Simple Syrup.
Also made without the liquor, leaving out the sugars, adding a small carton of greek yogurt, this is a great peach smoothie for a diabetic breakfast or snack !
©Barbara Ziegler/BAPantryGourmet 2013 All Rights Reserved