Poached Salmon with Garlic Shrimp Sauce. Yum!
This Salmon in Shrimp Sauce is a special meal for a special dinner. Wild caught fish and sweet fresh bay s. It is however a meal that can come from lesser ingredients and still be spectacular. I’ve been known to serve this shrimp sauce over Canned Salmon Patties and receive rave reviews. So let your imagination and skills rule in getting this delicious meal on the table.
- 3-lb. Salmon Fillet cut in 4 serving sized portions
- 1/2 lb. Bay Shrimp
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/3 cup chicken stock, (vegetable stock)
- 1/3 good dry white wine (Pinot Grigio/ Chenin Blanc/Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1/2 tsp. each celery salt, freshly ground black pepper
- Pour wine and stock into an oven proof glass baking dish place in a preheated 375°F oven while you prepare fish
- Dry salmon well with paper towels
- Brush both sides with melted butter
- Season both sides with celery salt and pepper
- Place in the wine/stock baking dish and return to the oven
- Bake for 16 minutes for medium well (or less, depending on your preference for doneness)
While Salmon cooks, melt butter in a small saucepan.
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken stock (veggie stock)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- Stir in flour, and cayenne pepper and cook for 1 minute
- Add garlic, stock and white wine
- Continue cooking over medium-low heat until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat and add shrimp. Stir gently to combine and serve alongside Salmon.